Monday, February 7, 2011

Update

Ok, one week down on my new resolution. I'd like to think it was a success. My house was cleaned everyday, and we even had company over and there was no last minute cleaning that needed to be done, except running the vacuum through the living room. I'm pretty happy with how things went. Especially when I take into consideration that I was sick for a couple of days, and my wonderful husband (and mom!) stepped in to make sure dishes were done before bedtime, toys were picked up, etc.
Of course, I certainly have room for improvement this second week of our new, cleaner lifestyle. I only cleaned things this week - there was no actual "decluttering" (Is this actually a word?) done. I didn't do laundry the first couple of days that it was "assigned" to me. I also ignored my bedroom because it has piles and piles of laundry that needs to be put away and we had family over for the weekend.... Lots of excuses, but truthfully, I would prefer to call it room for improvement. Because that's exactly what I plan to do: improve!
This week, my goal is to clean out some of the clutter. I know it's not going to happen all in one week, but I figure that if I start now, by the end of February, we'll have a cleaner, more clutter-free house to live in. And a great start to a new habit.

4 comments:

Assistant Ring Master said...

Great job! Decluttering is always a mission for me - it certainly is hard with kids (and a pack rat for a husband)!

Kristen said...

I am inspired by your short term goals. I'm going to revamp some of my LONG term goals into short term baby steps. Perhaps then they'll be a tad more attainable!!

Good job on keeping a clean house!! You can come work on mine next! ;)

megs said...

I totally agree with the strategy of doing what you can to keep what you've cleaned clean, then work on the other stuff. I've decided that in making it small goals, and actually doing something every day we'll maintain the clean as we unbury ourselves. Some other people in the house are reluctant, or perhaps annoyed at EVERYTHING needing to be away before bed, but the clean house really makes me feel better, so it is worth it. Ha.

Good luck, keep up the good work.

Rachel said...

Keep it up with the resolutions! YOu are inspiring!