Friday, November 12, 2010

In Search of Color

Despite the fact that it was November 11, the boys and I (later joined by Grandma) managed to enjoy a beautiful, sunny day at the Gardens. Sadly, November marks the month where all of the technicolor Chihuly starts to disappear, along with the beautiful fall foliage. I still went in search of a little color, and I was pleasantly surprised to find as much as I did. Fair warning: this post contains a ton of photos, but not too many words.

I asked Grayson to take his fingers out of his mouth for this photograph, and I got a kiss being blown at me instead. Oh well, it's still cute.
This is what happens when I say, "Grayson, put your hands down here," and put my hands on my legs. Monkey see, monkey do.



The place looks a little drab compared to some of the beautiful summer photos we'd taken. The Chihuly installers are in the final stages of removing all of the installations from this summer's exhibit.


Jayce found a friend to play hide and seek with - here he is counting.










We decided to picnic at the Gardens too. It was much too nice of a day to go home and eat inside.
So, we picnicked (is that a word??) in front of the horse statue. Gave us something to look at while we ate.








Out to the farm we went to ring the bell.





Then we walked all the way to the opposite side of the park to the waterfall. I had some very tired boys on my hands when we got done.
The last of the exhibit being removed. Sad day.

The Christmas trees are being put up and decorated. We took advantage of a photo opportunity while I had two willing participants. Unfortunately, Grayson and Jayce both got a little washed out. I'll have to work on that for next time.

3 comments:

Jenney said...

Hello haircuts! :o)

Sara said...

Oh...so sad to see all the pretty stuff coming down. Great pictures. We are totally getting a season pass to the Garden next year. I'm sure we will be seeing you there. :)

Rachel said...

I love the picture of the boys with their hands on their knees! Great pictures!