Sunday, September 26, 2010

BIG Announcement

I'd like to say that our big announcement is that I'm planning on blogging a lot more frequently. But if you look at my most recent post, it's from September 1 - nearly a month ago. I certainly haven't been too good at keeping up with things on here. My apologies.

However, I think that my BIG announcement is much, much better than that! In fact, I think I'll let Jayce tell you himself:

Jayce: I have a surprise for you! It's a secret! My mommy has a sister in her belly!

Ok, truthfully, we don't know that it's a sister yet. I'd say that part is wishful thinking on Jayce's part. But we are expecting again! Jeremy and I are beyond thrilled and excited and apprehensive. While we certainly we not surprised by our third baby, suddenly the realization that we need more space is hitting us. We'll see how that works out.

Telling Jayce about our newest addition has certainly led to some interesting conversations, such as this one:

Jayce: Mommy, my sister is in your belly.
Me: So, you think it's going to be a girl-baby?
Jayce: Yes.
Me: What if the baby is a boy-baby?
Jayce: Then it's a sister-boy-baby.
Me: What should we name the baby?
Jayce: girl-baby sister!

I think that the next seven months or so are going to be very interesting around here!!

6 comments:

Kevin P. Mahan said...

Rach and I are so excited for you guys - and the fact that we get to be Auntie &Uncle again! Don't tell Jayce but we want it to be another boy - selfish reasons :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled for you both! Whatever it is, he/she will be loved and welcomed! Love you - Aunt Paula

Sara said...

yay! Super excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear all about it. We should totally get together sometime. Would you be up for meeting at Robinettes and letting the kids run around? What day would work for you?

Kim M said...

We are so excited that your family is expanding - you are both such good parents, this little one is blessed already. We feel privileged to be Nana and Papa!

nancy said...

Doing the happy dance for you...
hugs Gary & Nancy

Becky said...

Ohhh, I am so excited for you!!! Girls are certainly fun so my fingers are crossed for you...Don't tell my husband that though, all he wants is boys :)I really wish I could have seen you at Gitche this past summer :( I hope to be up next year though! Oh, when are you due??