Saturday, July 17, 2010

Raspberry Jam

So, we went blueberry and raspberry picking the other day with a friend and her kids, and low-and-behold, I forgot my camera. I did manage to take one lame picture of Grayson stealing my raspberries. Although we all came back with scrapes and scratches, we had a lot of fun picking (and eating!) the sweet berries.So, since I forgot my camera for the really interesting part of the day, I'll show you pictures of me making red raspberry jam. First, washing the jam containers.
Mmm, sweet red raspberries.
Turned into sweet red raspberry mash.
This is the stuff I chose for pectin. I think I need to look for something with a lower sugar option. I still had to add 3 1/2 cups - seems like a lot!
See, sugar. Lots of it.
Add a little water...
and boil. This was so simple.
Add berry mush...
and viola! Look what we have: red raspberry jam!
I plan to try some on my toast in the morning. :)
Next up, black raspberry jam, blueberry jam, blueberry syrup, and who knows what else... :) Any suggestions??

1 comment:

Kim M said...

Wow - you are quite the culinary photographer and homemaker! Way to go!