Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ol' McDonald Had A...

Shoe thief!!
Because my parents live on the other side of the state, we like to meet halfway some weekends.
Today was one of those days. We went to Barnes and Noble to play with the train table and so that we could Skype with my brother, we went to dinner, and then we went to McDonald's to play for a while. After about 30 minutes of playing, I looked over to the shoe holder and noticed that Jayce's shoes weren't there. Turns out, someone stole them. From right in front of us! I could have understood if it had been a simple mistake: a kid walks over and accidentally puts on the wrong shoes and leaves his own behind. That was not the case. All of the other kids left while we were trying to locate Jayce's shoes. No luck. They are gone. I hope they went to some kid that didn't have any shoes. Otherwise, I might be really ticked.
We left McDonald's and went to Walmart to try to find Jayce a cheap replacement pair. On the way, Jayce made up this song, completely on his own!!

video

Ol' McDonald had a slide.
E-I-E-I-O.
And on that slide he had a boy.
E-I-E-I-O.
(I ask him what happened to that boy - but the first time he sung it he went straight through.)
The boy lost his brown shoes, the boy lost his brown shoes.
E-I-E-I-O.
And we are going to get some new brown shoes!

We did go to the store, but we didn't get new brown shoes. I couldn't find some brown tennis shoes that could be passed off as somewhat dressy. However, they did have an awesome pair of Lightning and Mater shoes that Grandma generously bought for us! (I couldn't stand the thought of spending $15 on shoes!) Thanks for the new shoes, Grandma!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

you know- I've always had an uneasy feeling about those kinds of shoe holders. (at McDonalds and Chuck E Cheese) I always keep the kids shoes with me by our coats/bags/etc... because I guess I dont' trust that people WOULDNT steal them. And I totally understand the not wanting to spend $15 on shoes. They grow out of them WAY to fast!!

Thanks for reinforcing my thoughts against public shoe holders! ;)

And--kudos to Jayce on the cute song! :)

MelArcile said...

Ironically enough, this was the very first time I'd chosen to use those shoe holders because I was sure my kid's shoes would get stolen.

Kim M said...

Thank you Jayce for the song - it was a healing balm for this Nana's disappointed heart!
Nana

Anonymous said...

Awww. It's awful not being able to trust people! The song was cute and his attitude something of great value. A. Jeanette