Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Eventful Nap Time

These pictures were taken at 6:15 this evening. Want to guess why they are both sleeping on the couch??
I put the boys down for a nap this afternoon around 1:15pm. Because I had errands to run, I left the house right away (one of the luxuries you have when your husband is home during the daytime!) assuming they would go to sleep. After all, Jayce told me he was tired and Grayson has fallen asleep in the car around noon nearly everyday this past week.
I came home and found Grayson sitting on top of the book shelf in their room (thankfully only a 2 shelf unit) and Jayce trying to climb up their with him. They had removed every book from the shelves and had dumped a piggy bank full of pennies and nickels all over their room.
Not only that, but they had taken about 50 cents and shoved it into the various slots of the air purifier that's in their room. It took me 10 minutes to remove as much as I could. Yes, as much as I could. From the sounds of it, there's still 2 to 3 cents still floating around in there.
Grayson (I'm assuming it was him, because I think Jayce knows better - although he should have known better about the whole afternoon) also pulled the heating grate out of the floor and spread dirt and dust everywhere. Somehow, he also had it embedded in his dried on snot all over his face. I'm not sure how that happened, but I don't think I want to know.
So after playing outside for a couple of hours, this is what my kids looked like while I was making dinner. Want to guess how bedtime went at our house tonight?!?

No comments: