Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Me! Monday


We've had such an exhausting weekend, that I think that this Not Me! Monday post is going to be rather short this week. We had a great time, but playing with cousins for 3 days straight (and mommy staying up way to late to play games/cards!) has really tired us out.

That being said, I definitely did not pull my kids out of bed at 6:30am this morning because I wanted to get back to say goodbye to Grandma in person before she left for her 2 week vacation. I did not throw my child in the car after he threw up his partial breakfast this morning for the same exact reason. Thankfully it seems like it was a fluke that he got sick this morning. I did not instruct my nearly potty trained 3 year old child to "just go pee pee in your underpants (pull-up)" because I didn't want to stop on the way for fear we would miss Grandma. He did not look at me pitifully and say, "But you will be upset if I go pee pee in my underpants, " with the most confused look on his face. He did not prove himself to be the big kid he is and still stay dry until we got home! That's a whole weekend, folks. Clean and dry!! We are NOT so completely and totally excited for this big step that we are celebrating with a really cool new toy!!

Lastly, I did not toss my kids in front of the Cars movie when we got home because I knew we are all so exhausted that we needed a couple of hours of "down time". This is not what I saw....


Make sure you check out all the other Not Me! Monday entries over at MckMama.com. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I have to admit...Cars is a wonderful way to catch some "down" time. I have used it far too often I am afraid!

Jenney said...

Oh, I miss their sweet little faces already. It was SO good to spend time with you guys this weekend...and my boys are exhausted too.

Kevin P said...

LOVE every picture in this. I want to fall asleep with my sippy cup and wake up to trying to suck juice from my shoe... now THAT'S a good nap.