Monday, February 1, 2010

Not Me! Monday


Yes, it's that time of the week again. I've definitely had some "moments" this week, so get ready to laugh!

I did not go to the library this week and check out a couple of "fun" books for me to read. I did not get half way through the first book and start to realize that the story sounded familiar. I did not get three quarters of the way through and realize that I had actually read the book before. I did not finish the book anyway, because it was a good read and I didn't remember the ending totally.

I did not pull out the weekly word seek puzzle from my Sunday paper last week and only start working on it a couple of days ago, after finishing that book that I definitely did not read before. I did not start it and realize half of the way through that it was the same exact puzzle from the week before. I always remember what I've read and puzzles I've done and I never do repeats from time to time.

I did not watch the Grammys last night and laugh at all the glitzed and glammored people who were wearing 3D glasses during the Michael Jackson tribute. I certainly did not spend the whole time laughing instead of being moved by the music, or the fact that he died recently. I always respect the dead, and I never laugh at lovely tributes to them.

I did not food-torture my children this week on a couple of occasions. (Translation: We have a rule at our house that if the child does not finish an acceptable amount of their food at a meal, it is the only thing they are allowed to eat until it is gone - this definitely includes vegetables because those are the most often left behind.) At one point, Jayce did not have peanut butter and jelly for 2 meals and a snack because it took him just that long to finish it. I also did not serve Grayson peas and carrots for breakfast this week. I did not resort to hiding those peas and carrots inside bites of yogurt to get him to eat them. I would never do that to my child!!

Want to read more funny Not Me! moments? Head on over to My Charming Kids and check out all the other awesome stories!

3 comments:

Kim M said...

Glad to see you are back on the "Not Me Monday" kick, it is always a fun read!

Crayon Wrangler said...

Veggies inside the yogurt? BRILLANT! I am glad that is NOT your idea because I am totally stealing it!

Jenney said...

Yeah for those veggies. Jackson is going through some rebellious things right now, and fighting over food is one of them. This too shall pass. SO good to read your blog again!