Monday, January 18, 2010

Not Me! Monday


Yes, it's that time of the week again. I've definitely had some "moments" this week, so get ready to laugh!

I definitely did not walk outside for 5 minutes while my kids were having a snack this past week, and have my 3 year old son say to me upon my return, "Grayson just had the knife!" I did not realize only after hearing that comment that I had left our Cutco knife a tad to close to my 1 year old while he snacked. I did not have my 3 year old tell me that he took the knife away from the 1 year old and put it on the other side of the table. I always stay right by my kids when they are eating and I never leave things that are dangerous too close to little hands. I most certainly do not leave my 3 year old to protect my 1 year old from my stupid mistakes.

I did not get so fed up with changing poopy diapers on my 3 year old, who waits to poop when he's in bed at nap time or bedtime, that I took the advice of a respected mother and "threaten" my child. I did not tell him that he will no longer play with his favorite toys (the Cars) when he poops in his diaper/pull-up. I did not do this after hearing of a couple of parents who've had to resort to this. This kid has been #1 potty trained for a couple of months, but refuses to try for #2. I did not announce my plan to him over this past week. He has not pooped on the potty 4 times, and in his diaper 2 time. I do not see a light at the end of this tunnel....

What have you not done this week? Hop on over to MckMama's blog to see all the other Not Me! Monday posts!

3 comments:

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Sounds like an excellent ultimatum to me! ;)

Jenney said...

With Snug, when he went in his underpants (#2) and we KNEW he knew what he was doing, he had to clean it out of his underpants (with supervision) and then be hosed off in the shower with cold water. I think we did this a total of 2 or three times before he decided he wasn't a fan. It sounds mean, but guess what? He's not scarred. He told me tonight he loves me SOOO much. You know, me, the mom who hosed him off in cold water :o)

Erin Morgan said...

I have another respected mom to suggest a similar technique... explaining to him that since he "chose" to poo in his pants, he was choosing to have to clean it up. If he wanted to "chose" to go poo in the potty, he wouldn't have to clean it up. We WILL be using this technique when we try potty training again!