Monday, December 7, 2009

Not Me My Child! Monday


Now that I'm back, I definitely have a few things to confess deny on behalf of my children. Are you ready for this? We've had a couple of weeks...

Last week when Uncle Kevin and Aunt Rachel were here, Jayce (3 years old) was talking with Aunti Rachel about how the box we hold our cars in is transparent. Aunti Rachel looked at Jayce and said, "Jayce, do you know what transparent means?" Jayce thought for a moment, looked at her and said, "It means I have a cookie?" That definitely has not been his answer to each and every question he doesn't know the answer to since then. I think we should not have laughed so hard about it...

My child does not believe we live in the world of Cars. Today we were driving to Meijer, and Jayce was encouraging me to catch up to a car in front of us. Since I'm a faster driver, I did eventually get behind the green car. Jayce was ecstatic! "Now crash the green car!" he definitely did not yell. I had to explain to him that the Cars movie was only pretend - not real. That when I was driving, that was real. That people can get very hurt when cars crash together in real life.

Last night, at dinner, Jayce and I were discussing Grayson (15 months). I called Grayson a boy, and Jayce corrected me and told me he was a baby. I told Jayce that Grayson was indeed, a boy. Jayce again corrected me and told me Grayson was a baby. I then explained to him that while Grayson is a baby, he's a boy baby. Jayce cocked his head and looked at me for about 10 seconds. Then he asked, "Mommy, are you Mary? And he's Jesus?" as he pointed to Grayson. I started to laugh. Then Jayce started to sing the song, "Mary had a baby boy, baby boy, baby boy. Mary had a baby boy, and his name is Jesus." set to the tune of Mary Had a Little Lamb. I couldn't believe it. It is not my child that will make the connection between me calling Grayson a baby boy and the Baby Boy he learns about at church. It is so encouraging to me that he is really absorbing and retaining information about Jesus. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right with this parenting thing...

So, that's it. Hop on over to My Charming Kids to check out all of the Not Me! Monday antics!

2 comments:

Kim M said...

So nice you have this blog to record your children's lives - it will be nice to have the record! I love reading your "Not Me/My Child Mondays" - love the Baby Boy story.

Erin Morgan said...

What wonderful stories... they always bring a smile to my face.

Finnegan has started singing "yes, Jesus loves me!" Oh, so precious!