Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Missing in Action

It has not been my intention to be MIA (missing in action) these past couple of days. I've had every intention of posting some pictures of our other family gathering from a week and a half ago. I've been wanting to tell all of you about our wonderful Christmas celebrations, and share some funny pictures I've been taking of the boys over the last few days. We've just been a little under the weather. I apologize to those of you who are friends on Facebook, because this will just be a rehashing of the misery that is the Meyers' family post Christmas.
Christmas Eve
I took Jayce to see our pediatrician because he had been a little under the weather, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to be concerned about before the holiday weekend. After all, I didn't want to end up in Urgent Care on Christmas day.
Christmas Day
Jeremy, Jayce, and I all have that same cold. It's hard to breathe, our noses run like crazy. Not fun. I sleep with Jayce to get him to sleep through the night because he's up at least 4 or 5 times.
The Day After Christmas
My parents arrive to celebrate our Christmas together, but Jeremy and I end up spending all afternoon and evening in Urgent Care. Turns out, Jayce has a wicked case of Pink Eye. We are giving a cream to rub in his eyes 4 times a day. That goes over well.
December 28
I end up in Urgent Care with severe lower back pain, a fever, and other symptoms. I'm diagnosed with a Kidney Infection and some sort of Upper Respiratory Virus. I'm laid up on the couch for the rest of the day.
December 29 (Today)
Jeremy is complaining that it "hurts to breathe" so he takes his turn at Urgent Care. He's got bronchitis. After being up with the kids all morning (Relatively speaking - we watched movies. It hurts to move.), my ailments seem to be making a comeback. We notice that Jayce seems to be doing worse, his eyes are still goop-y and gross, his nose is the same, he's running a fever again, and he's very lethargic. I take him into the pediatrician (Jeremy can't because he was contagious) and we find out that Jayce also has an ear infection on top of the Pink Eye.
Now we are trying to take it easy because everyone seems to under the weather. Except Grayson. So far (please knock on wood for me right now! I'm not superstitious, but...) Grayson has managed to avoid everything. I'm praying it stays that way.
All that to say, we need prayer. Lots of it! Prayer that we all get better, prayer that no one gets more sick, prayer that Grayson stays well. Tomorrow we leave to go to my parents' house to have Christmas with Uncle Kevin and Aunt Rachel, assuming everyone is well enough to travel. Please pray that we don't pass along our ailments to everyone there and that we are able to have a good time seeing family we don't get to see very often. Thanks friends.

2 comments:

Jenney said...

I vote aunt rachel and uncle kevin come to YOU!!!! Feel better soon, so sorry Christmas was sickly for you guys.

ShaquanaDancy said...

很好啊..................................................