Monday, November 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday


It's Monday again, which means it's Not Me! Monday. Thanks to MckMama for creating this awesome way to get all those Mommy-mistakes and wifely-woops moments that I'd rather just forget off my chest, and for the chance to laugh at myself. Shall we start?

This week, I have not been staying up way too late doing nothing. I have not been too lazy to go up to bed three nights in a row, and I have not been feeling the effects of my choices. I am not about to pass out here at the computer, and it is not after midnight again... Why do I do this to myself?!?

I did not spend all night long working on my soon to be 3-year-old's birthday cake. I have not shamelessly posted a photo of my work of art, even though I truly cannot take credit for the awesome idea. I am giving credit where credit is due, though: This cake idea is 100% stolen (borrowed?) from my creatively awesome cousin, Jenney (who has her own blog - check it out!!)
I am not totally playing into my child's obsession with the movie Cars. I should not confess that almost each and every birthday and Christmas present this year has something to do with Cars.

I did not go to Target this week and stock up on canned green beans and corn just because they were on a good sale. I did not buy 12 cans of each, and I do not have rain checks for at least 35 more... I am not that desperately excited about a good sale.

I have not been procrastinating about cleaning my house for the guests we have coming for Thanksgiving. I have not put it off for this week, when I know that I have about 1/2 a million things to do including a doctor's appointment, a birthday party, a MOPS meeting, amongst other things. I have not wasted cleaning time plotting my dominance over Black Friday this week. I am not wasting precious cleaning time right now!

So, what have you done that you'd rather forget? Hop on over to My Charming Kids to get in on all the Not Me!Monday fun!

6 comments:

Jenney said...

Seriously LOVE what you did with the cake. I can't write on a cake to save my life. This is so cute!
*Oh, and I so think you directed people to my blog to make sure my comments go through the roof and I owe $100 worth of can goods to my local foodbank!

Jenilee said...

I am pretty sleepy sitting here myself! :) I'm browsing blogs trying to stay awake until my girls go to bed. I'll think I will be going to bed early tonight. hopefully :)

Cop Mama said...

"Dominance over Black Friday" That is an awesome quote. Love it!

Oh and my 3 year old LOVES the Cars movie too. Recognize this, "I think we have a nodder"? or "Ca-ching!"

Katrina said...

The cake is adorable! My son is a Cars fanatic as well. He loves himself some Lightning McQueen. :)

Jenney said...

Hey, I don't have your e-mail. HOW ON EARTH????? Really, whenever I e-mail you it is because you've left a comment on my blog and I reply to it...and Ive deleted almost everything out of my inbox...and I don't want to call you this late because I know you wanted to go to bed earlier tonight. So I'll have to call in the morning. I HAVE NEWS...not baby news, don't get your dander up. BUT NEWS.

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

Wow, that cake looks fabulous!

You're not the only one who does *not* stock up on food when it's on sale. I currently have eight boxes of cereal in my pantry... taking up more room than they're probably worth!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com