Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Me! Monday


I'm back!! Oh boy, does it feel great to be back to Not Me! Monday. I miss those weekly confessions about what makes me human. It has been a while, so sit back and enjoy!

I would never skip many, many weeks of Not Me! Monday posts because I have been feeling lazy and uninspired. I would never have only 4 posts in a month, like I did before I got away this past weekend. I cannot imagine leaving all you peeps without a good laugh at our expense.

This past weekend, when my brother came home to visit without his wife, my first born son (nearly 3) did not look at me and say, "Nana and Papa are so sad because Uncle Kevin lost Aunti Rachel." I did not laugh hysterically, and share that conversation with anyone who would listen.

I did not ignore my nearly 3 year old son when he woke up crying hysterically the other night. I did not eventually give in because I was worried about him waking up his brother who sleeps in the same room as him. I did not walk into the room to find him sitting up on the edge of his bed, a slobbering mess. He did not tell me that he was upset because he had "lost" me. I do not know where he is coming up with all of this "lost" stuff, and I did not feel absolutely horrible that I did not go up immediately when he started his crying.

I have not signed up to drag my two kids out of the house three mornings in a row every week. I do not do this to do childcare for other moms who are trying to get out of the house. I do not find myself having more patience with the other children that I watch than I have for my own children. I do not have an immense amount of mommy guilt over that fact.

I have not forced my two beautiful children to sit through me snapping (too many) pictures many different times over the past weeks. I did not have to spend over two hours downloading all of those pictures that were just living on my memory card. I did not spend approximately 48 hours blogging this weekend. I did not spend hours (ahem...) this morning refreshing and waiting for Not Me! Monday to post. Nope, not me!!

**Woo-hoo!! Number 5 on MckLinky. Go Me!!**

2 comments:

Kim M said...

Welcome back! I've missed your Not Me Mondays! The one of Jayce crying because he lost you made me sad. Glad to see you back in the blogging world!

Bellismom said...

Thanks for coming to visit my blog and entering my contest. Good luck!