Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Accident Prone Part 2

This week, I am watching a friend's two children. It's been quite a little adventure, and it makes me want that in-home daycare that I'd always dreamed of. However, it's keeping me very busy, and usually the first thing to go is the computer time...
That being said, I thought Grayson did something today that was worth blogging about. My little accident prone boy decided to take a nose dive off of a chair and (*probably) break his nose. Thankfully I wasn't here when it happened because I had a meeting at church that I was required to be at. I think if I had been, I probably wouldn't have been as calm as Jeremy was and I would have insisted on taking him to the pediatrician or the med center. I have proven that I sometimes get a little worked up when the kids get hurt badly. Case in point. Instead, I got a phone call as the meeting was starting with a hysterical baby screaming in the background. He's had a very cranky day, but I think he's going to be ok. Although he may have a hard time living in the bubble wrap I will be encasing him in until he's two.


* I don't have confirmation of this, I'm just assuming because of the amount of blood and the bruising. I am not a medical professional, but I'm pretty sure I know what a broken nose looks like.*

3 comments:

Jenney said...

Take that boy to the doctor!!! He could look like a football player for the rest of his life! Ok, I'm calling you RIGHT now, cause I am worried :o) What else are big cousins for?

the Provident Woman said...

My littlest one, my son, is only 18 months and is terrified of hurting himself. He literally walks looking down to make sure every step is safe. If he climbs on something he stays low and holds on with both hands. He also didn't walk until about 4 months ago because when he would stand he would practically be hugging whatever he was holding onto.
Sorry, you probably didn't want his life story, but I felt like sharing.

Kim M said...

Sounds like he might be in need of some Nana snuggles! Oh, maybe it's Nana who needs the snuggles!