Tuesday, August 25, 2009

i {heart} faces


Hey, look at me! I'm actually posting my i {heart} faces entry on time this week! Go me!!


This week's theme is "nostalgia". I had a tough time coming up with an idea for nostalgia. Should I do something old-looking? Should I do something that reminds me of the past? I started looking through photos, and came up with one of my husband and son holding hands looking at Lake Michigan. It was a nice photo, probably one I'll look at in the future and treasure. I suppose that it fit the criteria, but it just didn't strike me as the "best" fit for the theme.
That's when I remembered this photo. I wouldn't say it was artistically great or that it follows the "rules" of photography. However, it evokes an emotion in me, and that's what I think nostalgia really is. When I look at this picture, it reminds me of my first born son, so tiny and innocent. Not at all the outspoken, boundary-pushing, nearly 3 year old boy. It also reminds me of a better day. Before the chaos of the past two and a half years. My father-in-law, pictured here with my infant son, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just three months after this picture was snapped. He has fought this horrible disease so courageously and with so much grace. Keep fighting, Grandpa.


Too see other pictures with a "nostalgia" theme, click on over to i {heart} faces.

2 comments:

Kim M said...

I love this picture of Ron with his first grandchild - I wonder if he told Jayce that day "See ya later alligator?"
Thanks for sharing a very special picture - a boy and his grandpa.

Jenney said...

I love it. Very nice Mitt.