Monday, July 6, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Do you like the new look to Not Me! Monday? Thanks to MckMama for creating this fun-lovin' blog carnival for those of us who need to admit our faults as mothers, wives, daughters, or basically being a part of the general public. That's me, so let's get started.

I did not experience a night that "every parent has had" and laugh through the whole thing. Apparently I do not get disturbed by puke, poop, or pee anymore. That's the trifecta, people. I am not going to beg you to click on this link here if you haven't had the pleasure of reading all about our Gross Night. I did not serve the leftovers from that night to my parents when they came to visit this weekend.

I did not break my tooth on pizza this week. I did not have to have an emergency dentist visit to have my broken tooth drilled and filled (apparently there was a cavity there - I hate the dentist). I did not help open the urgent care center yesterday morning because I now have an infection in/around my new filling. I did not declare Sunday this weekend a movie day because I did not want to deal with kids when I was in pain. I am not the biggest baby because I've had two babies, but this pain is making me want an epidural for my face. I know that's not an option, but I'd like it to be. I did not just take 3 Advil because I am not eating ice cream, even though I'm in pain from it.

I am not such a competitive person that I get in a horrible mood when I lose at something. This does not get at it's worst when cards are in the picture. My parents cannot attest to this fact because they were kind enough to play cards with me all weekend long while they visited for the holiday. I did not make up a new game this weekend, because I was getting bored with the games others were picking. I did not call my brother on his first anniversary to tell him all about it. Happy 1st Anniversary, Kevin and Rachel!

I do not have four baskets of clean laundry waiting for me to fold (that was supposed to have been done this weekend while I had kid help) that I am ignoring as I write this blog post. I did not ignore the laundry earlier today when I took two different naps. I am not dreading finishing this post because I know that I need to go do it...

What have you not done this week? Click on over to MckMama's blog to check out all of the awesome other entries to this blog carnival!

6 comments:

MamaB said...

I hate laundry :( It's the never ending battle!
Great post!

Shelly said...

Ouch about the tooth! So sorry to hear that you had to go through that. As for laundry, I'm right there with you!

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/07/not-me-monday-4th-of-july-fireworks.html

Kim M said...

So, I'm thinking I may need a disclaimer here. I so enjoyed my time visiting, which included grandsons, cards (and lots of them - mostly when the boys were in bed) and offers to help with the laundry. Also, I remembered, I won a couple of the first card games and everything went downhill from there. Good memories though!! Thanks for a good weekend!
Mom

Assistant Ring Master said...

Hey! I had 4 loads of laundry to fold last night too! I did mine first though, and then wrote my Not Me post...
now today, I have at least 4 loads of laundry to wash. So I guess I should stop procrastinating and just start washing, huh?

Leah said...

I conquered my laundry this week! What a feat, huh?

Anita said...

Hey, I found your blog through MckMama's... what a great "not me" post! It's so fun to browse through them and get a few chuckles of all the things we "dont do".
I also was going to ask for a bit of help. (this should take less than a minute) I entered my son in a Crazy Haired Baby photo shoot contest. He is in the top 9.. and it's just down to who gets the most votes.
If you could click on this link: http://lucylimestudios.com/2009/07/crazy-haired-kids-casting-call-shannon-stevenson-lucy-lime/
Select baby #6
Click Vote
Thanks for your help! Have a great day!