Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Yes, friends. It's Monday. Specifically, Not Me! Monday. I love the chance to confess deny those things that happen to me and my family throughout the week. Special thanks to MckMama for making Mondays a thing to look forward to instead of dread. And now, on with the show!!

I am not completely and totally thrilled/excited/beyond happy that my father in law is home from the hospital. I am not totally thrilled/excited/beyond happy that his most recent tests are showing that he's still doing well-ish, as far as the cancer is concerned. We did not witness God working another miracle in his life again over the past couple of weeks. God is so good.

I have not been in a pool just about everyday this past week. My two year old is not a total water baby - he's not swimming on his own with a life jacket, with absolutely no fear. What a kid!

**This is a little graphic and disgusting - fair warning**
My poor 10 month old was not so stopped up this past week that we had to use a suppository on him. By "we" I do not mean that I made my husband do it. I was not totally surprised to see how well it worked - by that, I do not mean that I was surprised to find poo up to his navel and up and out the back of the diaper, dripping down legs, and smeared across the floor. I did not discover this while trying to make dinner. I was not so completely grossed out that I couldn't eat dinner that night. Ahh, being a mom is so glamorous!

Last night, I did not promise my 2 year old that he could come with me to pick up pizza so that he could listen to VeggieTales in the car. I did not leave him behind because he was too busy reading books with his dad. I did not hear, "But I go with Mommy!!" screamed when I got back to the house. I did not take him out for a drive after dinner. I did not stop and get ice cream for my husband and I. We did not already have ice cream earlier in the day.

So, what did you not do this week? Please, leave a comment so I can go check out your Not Me! Monday list!

13 comments:

Charisse said...

Very cute NMM today. I SO wish I had a pool so I could NOT spend every day in it.

Love Mom said...

Grat NMM! So happy to hear about your ather-in-law! You are right, God is SO good!

I did not do the same thing once when my child was constipated. I am a brave mom and I also did NOT make my husband do it! {grin}

Alicia W. said...

LOL, Your not me's are hilarious!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

So happy to hear about your FIL!
The poop story sounds disgusting!

Baby Chloe's Mama said...

my daughter had a poop explosion last week too, that COMPLETELY grossed me out. But thankfully (or not? does this mean her normal poops are just this bad?! lol) a suppository wasn't involved. I am constantly amazed at the things I see/clean up as a parent.

Steph said...

Very cute post. Arent suppositories lovely? Ive been there with all three of mine!

Tara said...

(over from mckmamas)ive said it before and i will say it again. where would nmm be without poop stories :)i used to double diaper- put my bigger girls training pant on over the nappy if it had been a day or so and i was expecting a blowout... maybe you could try t if you ever have to (not) resort to desperate measures again.

Assistant Ring Master said...

Look at you #5! Great Not Me's - good thing that poop episode didn't happen one of the times you were in a pool :)

Foursons said...

A tiny bit of dark Karo syrup in the bottle or in milk will also help with those constipation problems and it doesn't result in the explosiveness.

I have NOT walked out on my kids either after promising to take them because they were wrapped up in something else.

LucieP said...

I do not ever feel guilty leaving my almost 2 year old and I do not ever sneak out of the house and then stop to listen for his cries and hope that he didn't catch on yet!

I also do not hate changing poopie diapers...like really hate-detest-protest...uggg

Together We Save said...

I just love reading these. Thanks for sharing.

Drahdrah said...

So glad to hear that your father in law is "well-ish" and home. The poop thingy... oh my, those ones are scary !!!

AllisonO said...

Thanks for sharing these NMMs and for the comment!

Thanks for the poo warning too... I was able to put down my chai just in time not to spit it all over my computer screen :).