Monday, June 22, 2009

Not Me! Monday


First of all, I'd like to give credit to where credit is due. To MckMama, thank you for giving us this weekly outlet where we can fess up deny our shortcomings as wives, mothers, and people. Before we get started, let's say a quick prayer for baby Stellan who is back in the hospital with SVT. Stellan, we are praying for you to get home soon, and that God will heal your heart from this condition. Now, on to my confessing denying.

I have not found myself so sleep deprived this week that I mistakenly set a very full glass of soda down within reach of my 10 month old. I did not quickly forget that I had done that because I was not completely distracted by facebook and blogger. I did not only realize my mistake when I suddenly heard a cascading waterfall. It did not take me a few moments to realize what had happened. I was not totally relieved to find that the soda missed all of the electronics it spilled near. It did not take me 10 minutes to clean up the huge mess.

I did not find myself rockin' out to VeggieTales again this week without the kids in the car. I do not often find myself singing those tunes in my head throughout the day.

I did not stay up late one night, watching movies with my husband. We did not look at each other, at one point, and decide we were hungry. I did not send my husband to the 24 hour grocery store to get us some snacks because we didn't have anything in the house. I did not make the mistake of doing so when he was hungry. It was not because I had neglected to do any grocery shopping last week. My husband did not return from the store with the following: a small cake, a large cookie, 3 packages of cookies, mini cupcakes, ice cream, and buns. Yeah, it was not good thing that we had company this weekend to help us get rid of some of that food. It is not fortunate that Father's Day was yesterday so that we could take the small cake and large cookie to our Father's Day celebration to get rid of more of the junk my husband bought. I am not on a total sugar rush still.

I did not have a bat fly into my bedroom at 3am the other very early morning. I did not scream like a little girl, hide under the covers, witness my husband bat (haha) that thing out of the air with a laundry basket, and have it land, dead, right next to my head on my bed. I did not immediately begin plotting my blog post (you can find it here), only to find that the bat incident was only the beginning of a very long night.

I did not allow my 10 month old to play in my storage container cupboard while I was doing dishes yesterday. I did not get so involved in cleaning (I know, ME?? Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf...) that I didn't notice what my son was getting into. I did not turn after hearing a loud thump to find that he was now getting into our lazy susan. I did not see a large, mostly full bottle of light corn syrup (previously used to make peanut brittle - last Christmas) had fallen to the floor. I did not see that somehow the lid had broken off of the bottle, and my 10 month old was now crawling through the puddle of corn syrup on the floor. I did not scrub the floor and my child for 15 minutes, trying to get the mess cleaned up. The floor is not still sticky, no matter how much I scrub/mop it. I am not dreading the line of sweet ants that will inevitably show up to feast on our mess.

I am not thrilled to have this week be OVER. This week has not been one of the most stressful, tiring, nerve-racking weeks of my life. I am not totally looking forward to see what this week will hold for us.

2 comments:

Assistant Ring Master said...

Great Not Me's this week!
I cannot even imagine finding one of my kids crawling through corn syrup - I think I would probably cry!
Hope this week is better for you!

Drahdrah said...

I will pray that this week is a little less stressful. Although, I must admit that I am jealous that you and your husband can enjoy a late night "binge" together. My husband doesn't like junk food much, and I'm addicted !