Sunday, June 28, 2009

i {heart} faces


This week's theme over at i {heart} faces is "Wedding Bells". As soon as I saw that, I knew exactly what picture I wanted to submit this week. Granted, this definitely isn't the best photo I'd ever taken, but the story, people, is what makes this one of the most beautiful photos, ever.
My father-in-law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 2 1/2 years ago. Sadly, the prognosis for pancreatic cancer is not good. He underwent major surgery just days after his diagnosis, in an effort to remove all of the disease. The surgeon knew that my sister-in-law (his daughter) was getting married 6 months later. His advice after the surgery: move the wedding up, or he probably won't be there. My sister-in-law decided to keep her date, and as you can see in this photo, she's dancing with her dad. Notice the smile.

Now, nearly 2 years later, he's still fighting, defying odds, and a living example of how God still works miracles. If you are praying folk, please keep Ron Meyers in your prayers. And as always, go check out the other entries at i {heart} faces.

8 comments:

Mommy Rachelle said...

A very special story. I'm sure God has reason to keep him here with a family that loves him!

Life with Kaishon said...

I will pray for him right now! I always click over to see your pictures because I just love your name to bits : ) Insert Clever Name Here: brilliant!

Yelena R. said...

Wow! God really does work miracles! What a beautiful story and image!

Charisse said...

I came here via MckMama's NMM Mr Linky - I definitely did not just get all teary eyed while reading this story and then seeing the beautiful picture

K said...

Good photo, great story!!!

Alicia W. said...

Aww, this is so sweet.

AJ said...

Lovely image :).

Foursons said...

I got chills reading this. God is good!