Monday, June 29, 2009

Beware...

...of Sam's Club pizza! Or not.
It seems like every time we are at Sam's Club, it is right around a meal time. Personally, I think it's a ploy on the part of my husband and children. They really seem to like eating there. After all, it's decent food that's super cheap. Just not exactly healthy. But, if you know me at all, you know that I don't always look for the "healthy" alternative. I do love me some fast food. But I digress...
I needed to get up to Sam's Club today to pick up a few essentials: diapers, chicken, apples, tomatoes, etc. Because of Grayson's sleep schedule today, Jeremy ended up taking Jayce to the library for Laptime this morning, which meant that we ended up at Sam's at the perfect time: lunch time! It seems like this happens a lot, because as we are walking out Jayce looks at me and says, "Mommy, I eat hot dog?" I looked over at the pizzas and realize that one of the supreme pizza's looks almost heavenly and absolutely delicious.
Fast forward about 15 minutes, and I've come up with a decent lunch for a place that only serves pizza, hot dogs, soft pretzels, and ice cream. My pizza was exactly what I expected: delicious. The crust was perfectly bread-y and soft. I popped the very last bite into my mouth and started chewing. Suddenly, I crunched down on something that felt like a rock or a popcorn kernel that wouldn't give. My first thought was, These people are totally paying for my pizza! It has something hard and gross on it! I spit it out and my tongue probes my mouth and comes across the tooth that crunched on the offending pizza, and I realize that the tooth is half missing. Crap. Maybe it wasn't the pizza after all. After some investigating, I realize that the crunchy thing I bit down on was in fact my tooth, not something cooked into the food.
Thankfully, it really didn't hurt too bad, but it was very sharp. A quick call to our dentist and I had an appointment for this afternoon. Now, I'm sitting here, my mouth is throbbing and truth be told, it's all my fault. Not Sam's Club's. It had been a while since I'd been to the dentist. I'm a little claustrophobic and I desperately need the gas. You know, the gas that makes you feel all good and floaty. I love that stuff. But again, I digress... Did you know that you can't have that fabulous stuff if you are pregnant or breast feeding? I've been pretty much pregnant or breast feeding for the past 3 plus years. Don't worry, I've been to the dentist in that time, but I've been procrastinating on getting a couple of fillings put in. Turns out that was a really bad idea. Now I have to go back again and get 2 more. Less I lose half a tooth again.
I'd like to blame Sam's Club for my horrible afternoon, but it would seem like it's not their fault. Moral to the story: don't skip dentist appointments, don't blame others for your mistakes. Stick with me, folks, and you might learn a lot. Happy Monday.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Poor Mel!! Im so sorry that happened!! I hate the dentist... Ugh...

Kim M said...

So, I'm at Sam's Club today and I'm drawn to the lunch counter (not a normal thing for me). I see a fresh hot pizza had just been put out and in honor of you, I had a slice of pizza and pop! Wouldn't you know while I was sitting there, one of the cashier's told a customer to have a nice day and his response "I've got to go to the dentist!". Maybe it was one of those 'you had to be there' moments, but I thought it was funny! Sorry about the tooth - nothing about that is funny!