Thursday, May 28, 2009

Calling All Prayer Warriors

My father-in-law, Ron, is fighting pancreatic cancer. In fact, he's been fighting it for the past 2 1/2 years - pretty amazing considering that the doctors initially gave him a very grim prognosis. Lately, he's been having more and more pain and nausea, and his most recent doctor's appointments haven't been very optimistic. As you will have noted from my post about our Memorial Day weekend camping trip, Ron and Karen were able to enjoy a few days camping, their favorite summer pastime. Right now, we are all planning on leaving tomorrow to camp with my parents and my brother and sister-in-law in Kentucky, a trip we've been planning for several months. However, Ron has had a difficult time this week, while camping and after returning home. Today they are in Lansing, at a clinic, trying an alternative treatment to help boost his immune system to help fight off the cancer. I am asking for your prayers for Ron and Karen: that this treatment works and work fast (reportedly it can have immediate effects on how one feels), that they will be able to join us on vacation, that God will heal Ron's cancer and take away the pain and nausea. Please, friends, keep my family in your prayers!

8 comments:

Jenney said...

Praying Mitt!

Shelleyrae33 said...

Melissa,

I'm so sorry that he's not doing well again. Of course I wil add him to my prayers!

Shelley

Lindzerelli said...

I'll be praying and I'll let Traci know too. We both loved having him as our science professor.

Megan said...

I'll be praying!

Kim M said...

Of course we are praying for his healing and that God would relieve him of the pain and nausea! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Praying that he will be feeling like joining you this week and be able to spend time with his loved grandsons! A. Jeanette

Lacey said...

Im praying mel...

Kristen said...

I most definitely do remember that-- lets home this time around I wont have to be front and center in any wedding pictures!! lol!! How are you doing?