Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. I think it could go down as one of the best ever. Mind you, I've celebrated with several close friends at a hotel, driving to Phantom of the Opera in Toronto (with 6th row seats!!), meeting up for a fun night out, etc., so I know what a good birthday is. It could have been the willingness of my family to put up with my "It's my birthday weekend..." for several days, it could have been because my parents came over for the weekend, or that everyone wanted to get together for dinner to celebrate. It could have been the delicious cake that I've been snacking on during naptime (shameful, I know!), the many well-wishers on facebook, or the fact that we hung out with good friends last night. But I think the thing that really made my 28th birthday one of the best was hearing, "Happy birthday, Mommy!" and the "Birthday Song" over and over again. Thanks family and friends, and mostly, thanks to my three boys for making this one of the best birthdays ever.

6 comments:

Erin Morgan said...

I am convinced that Kids make your birthday even more special that it has ever been!!

Jenney said...

Awe! Sounds very nice. Nice to talk to you IRL too!

*sara* said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Happy Birthday!!

Kim M said...

Wow - that says allot! Glad you enjoyed it and we also enjoyed hearing your two year old singing to you!

Assistant Ring Master said...

Thanks so much for including us in the celebration, and for sharing the yummy cake!

Lacey said...

that's very sweet... :)