Friday, March 20, 2009

Please Pray!!! **UPDATED**

Hey Prayer Warriors. Seeing as I've personally witnessed everyone out there in blogworld rally around many, many causes and submit their requests unto God, I'm asking for your prayers now too! This morning, Jayce hurt his neck. I don't know how it happened, or to what extent (yet), but he's really hurting. He can only move his head in one direction without crying out in pain, and he hasn't let go of the spot that hurts yet. I called our pediatricians office, and they suggested Tylenol and a heating pad to the affected area. They also want to see him asap (the first available appointment was this afternoon, however) to make sure there isn't something worse than a pulled muscle. I'm asking for your prayers. I don't know what's wrong, and I can't figure out how to fix it. That's the worse feeling a mother can feel, I think. Right now, he's relaxing on the couch, trying not to move, and watching movies. Hopefully the next hour or so will go by quickly. Thanks people.

**UPDATED**
Just got back from the doctor's office. The doctor seems to think that it is a slightly pinched nerve. This is how he described it: Have you ever cranked your neck while drying off after a shower or just moved the wrong way and had problems moving your neck? That's what he thinks Jayce did. He checked him thoroughly (through the screams of a 2 year old boy - Sorry Dr. K!), and seems to think that's what happened. He says to give him ibuprofen and Tylenol as needed (to help control the pain) and to just take it easy for a couple of days and it will get better. The only thing we need to worry about is if it happens more times - then it could be indicative of some sort of physical problem. So, please pray that my baby BIGBOY gets feeling better and more like himself soon. Thanks friends!

6 comments:

Lindzerelli said...

I'm praying for you both Mel! I hope we hear a good update after his appointment! Love ya :)

Kim M said...

Prayers for your sweet boy and our sweet grandson. Will pray and anxiously await your phone call.

Assistant Ring Master said...

Praying it's only a pulled muscle and nothing worse! Hope the little guy feels better really soon!

Megan said...

Glad to hear the Dr. thinks it will work itself out soon! I'm praying for no more pain for your little guy.

Jenney said...

Oh! I had no idea when I talked to you on the phone this had happened! I am glad he is getting better.

Hayley said...

I didn't see this post until it was already UPDATED! Since I didn't get a chance to offer a PRAYER for Jayce's health report, I will be happy to offer a PRAISE/PRAYER OF THANKS for it. It is so frightening when our little ones are hurting. I'm glad all is well.