Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday, my therapeutic release, created by MckMama, for those like me that feel the need to confess not confess our weekly transgressions that make me SuperMom human. Beware, this week was crazy!!

I did not take my two children to the park while on vacation in Arizona only to leave 5 minutes later. Long story - my husband and I decided to take my 2 year old (Jayce) to a park in Arizona while we were visiting some family last week. I knew that my 6 month old (Grayson) was in need of a feeding, so I did so in the front seat of the car while my husband played with my 2 year old... Naturally, Grayson chose that moment to poo in his diaper. And every where else. Up and out the back and front. On the pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt... Did I mention that it was only 40 degrees? And there was no chance of changing him in the car because he was such a mess. It was a rental, for cryin' out loud! So, what did I do? I put him in a plastic bag that a pillow came in and held him in the front seat as I signaled frantically to my husband that we needed to leave. NOW! Grayson rode on my lap in the front seat of the car (I know! But it was only a 3 minute ride back to the house...) and was immediately placed in the bath once we got back. I never would insist that my husband take a picture of Grayson in his poopy predicament... and I do not know where the following picture came from...

I could not, should not, would not feed my huge baby boy, who has been classified as "overweight" by his doctor's office, soft serve ice cream. Two times. This is the same baby that will not eat solids. He gags and chokes and just plain seems to not like it. However, he does like vanilla ice cream. In my defense, it was only a very small amount...

I do not still have unpacked suitcases sitting at our house. I did not go three days without cooking, washing dishes, unpacking, cleaning, etc. after we got home. I never would subject my family to eating out after returning home from a vacation that we ate out a lot on... I blame the jetlag. I am not a lazy housewife and mother sometimes and blame things other than myself for being that way...

I am not still mourning the loss of our blue basketball blanket. Let me explain. I have a 30 lbs. 6 month old that still wants to be swaddled while he sleeps. Therefore, I have to have large blankets to do so. A good friend of the family has given my boys a beautiful homemade blanket upon their births that is large enough to do so! It's the perfect blanket: lightweight, big enough to wrap my baby in, large enough to completely cover me when breastfeeding in public. They are great. And I lost one on the way home from Arizona. I have not taken to swaddling my 30 lbs. 6 month old baby boy in a homemade bath towel (made by the same sweet lady!) when the one blanket I have left is in the laundry... He sleeps and I keep my sanity. I am not planning on asking this wonderful family friend to make me another blanket (at my cost) because I am desperate for a real backup.

I did not resort to using a "clever" name on Mr. Linky again this week, in an effort to get a few more people to click over and check us out... sneaky, huh?

So, why don't you join in on the free therapy and tell me what you have not done this week! Happy sharing!


20 comments:

San said...

Hahaha! I totally loved that post! :)

And your boy's sooo cute!

Gisela said...

How ironic that while I was reading about your poopy predicament that my 4 month old decided to have a poopy predicament of his own! I think we've all been there, and have a poopy story (or two) to share! Thanks for the laugh!

*sara* said...

I totally clicked over because of your clever Mr. Linky name! Great "Not Me!" moments!

Assistant Ring Master said...

Look at you - number 8! So happy for you that all of your plotting finally paid off :)
I, on the other hand, have not even yet typed my Not Me's...maybe this week I'll strive to be last

Leah said...

Yep, Your clever name got me!

Hannah said...

very sneaky...clever name got me to click over!

Alexis said...

HA! Way to go on the clever name! You GOT me... but I probably woulda liked this blog ANYWAY *grin*

Mike and Katie said...

http://milkshare.birthingforlife.com/

Hi Melissa,

Copy and paste the link. You can join the group and then post that you have milk available. People will respond to you. If you post your location you may find some one local or you could ship it. No donation is too small for liquid gold!

Katie

Jenney said...

I can't even get mr linky to show up so I can post. grrr...lots of stuff won't work 'right' here in the hospital with our computer. I'm glad to have access to the internet at all.
I am "not" pumping and checking blogs at the same time, not me!
What on earth happened to your basketball blanket?????

seriously? said...

Loved the plastic bag around his little bum and LOVED that you got it on film. Too funny!!!

Khordaddy said...

I am terrible about leaving my luggage unpakced after we get home from vacations. It can literally sit there for a week or two before I remember it needs to be done.

Great-Full Mom said...

Your Not Me's cracked me up! And, your clever name on MckMama got me to click. The plan worked - ha!

The blow out diaper story made me laugh out loud. I miss blow out diapers - how sick is that?

Dawn

Chaukie said...

Yep, your clever name got me. Good thinking!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

Great Not Me's! I think the plastic bag is ingenious! My daughter has always been the queen of blowouts, so I feel for you!

hadassahrose said...

Your baby boy is adorable. I have never heard of a baby being called "overweight", aren't babies supposed to be chubby? :)

(Found your blog through MckMama)

Peace.

All Things Family said...

Wow...30 lb 6 month old sure puts my 21 lb 13 month old to shame! Love the poop story..been there and done that! I remember thinking at one point the baby and I both needed to have spare clothes in the car for trips out! Have a good week!

Melissa said...

The clever title on Mr. Linky got me too, I also had a poopy not me!

kidjuggler said...

I really enjoyed your post! You are too funny! Thanks for the laughs tonight.
Oh and yes, your clever title snagged me.
Alycia
Coloring Outside The Lines

Quinn's Mama said...

It completely worked. I have never read anyone's Not Me! Mondays except MckMama, but I had to read yours. Glad I did! Come check out mine. HalabysGoUpstate.blogspot.com.

Ravin2 said...

Melissa, you're a legend. 20 comments already? Tell G he did a good job in getting you some love on your blog!