Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to the blog carnival, created by MckMama, designed to be free therapy for those of us that do not need to admit some of those things that we did not do this past week...

I have not been plotting all week long on how to get my name up at the top of MckMama's Mr. Linky list this week. The plan I have come up with does not include posting tonight, getting up at the crack of dawn, and praying for good luck at catching her post just at the right time. We'll see if it works... and if it doesn't, I will not be coming up with some catchy name to link up with... Nope, not me! (**Update** Unfortunately sometimes life become more important than blogging and waiting for MckMama to post her Not Me! Monday list...)

I should not, will not, have not been slightly ignoring my blog this week while I prepare for our upcoming trip to Arizona. I am not looking forward to a great visit with some family that we haven't seen in a couple of years. I am not looking forward to the change in temperature because I am not completely and totally over the crazy cold weather we've been having lately. I definitely will not be thinking about blogging all week while we are gone...

I have not been singing VeggieTales songs in my head all week long. I do not have a 2 year old who is slightly obsessed with all things "Bob and Larry" right now. I do not have a 6 month old who giggles with joy when he hears the opening theme to VeggieTales. I have not become an expert at singing that opening theme... I do not sing it at least 10 times a day. I do not have a secret (ok, not to secret anymore) fear of being forced to sing the VeggieTales theme song over and over again on the 5 hour plane ride we will be taking this week... please don't tell my 2 year old I said that!

I do not have to get back to my cleaning, laundering, folding, packing, organizing, and planning. See you next week!

6 comments:

Kim M said...

Oh, I do enjoy reading your "Not me Monday" blog. Reading it made me start singing (in my head) the Veggie Tales opening song! I can't wait to see you guys when you get into town. Hopefully I can time my lunch hour to see you before 2 boys go down for their nap!
Mom
aka Nana

Assistant Ring Master said...

Ah yes, being forced to sing weird songs in public for smiles from our kids - and not really minding it after all! Strange the things we'll do for them, huh?

Heidi said...

Who are those Mr. Linky Lucky ones? I try and I try... and I am still always in the 100's. If you figure it out, you must share your secret.

Jeanette "Frogster" said...

yay for Veggie Tales!

Erica said...

I clicked on your clever name you put in, so it worked! I kept refreshing MckMama's page this morning and I still only made it to 90! I love Silly Songs w/Larry!

Mighty M said...

My daughter is getting tired of listening to me sing disney songs to her all the time "but it's the Circle of Life, sweetie, it's a great song!". Hope you have a fun trip!