Monday, March 23, 2009

i {heart} faces


So, I'm trying this photography contest again. I've really been enjoying taking pictures with our new digital SLR, especially photos of my kids! Therefore, my entry into the i {heart} faces contest - kids: this week's theme is no flash! Naturally, I think a recent picture of Jayce playing outdoors is in order...


As always, your thoughts and critique and helpful hints (after all, I'm only a beginner!!) are welcomed and encouraged (i.e. leave me a comment!!!). After you talk to me, check out the other entries over at i {heart} faces. See you back here next week!

10 comments:

Lindzerelli said...

Great pic Mel! What a cute little guy :) I would crop out the excess so all we see is Jayce and his bike.

Have you tried converting it to b/w or sepia?

Melanie said...

Oh what I cute photo! I probably would have cropped it so his face was on the left side of the photo, and give it an off balance composition. I do agree with PP'r too, to try it in black and white.

Your little one is just toooooo cute!! It's a great raw shot. He looks so happy.

Assistant Ring Master said...

Yup, I agree with the comments thus far - cropping is where it's at! Picasa makes it super easy though :)
I prefer the color though, or if you have Photoshop, leave Jayce's hat in color and everything else black and white...

Hayley said...

Love your photo! We have the same hat and I adore it, only Nicholas won't wear it anymore. :( It used to be that we didn't leave the house without ELMO... I love your blog banner too...I will be back to check out more later!

Katarina said...

What a great picture. Next time, (if you're not thrilled with editing or not sure where to start), trying just getting closer to him when you take the picture. Fill the frame with as much of him as possible (unless of course teh background is important!)

Carebear said...

So cute! Great entry for No Flash week! Nice use of natural light!

Elizabeth said...

He's a cutie!!! :)

Dawnelle said...

he is really cute- fun entry!

KristanneV said...

Awww, what a cutie! Great shot.

American in Norway said...

What a cutie pie!