Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Editing - An Experiment

I downloaded Picasa 3 yesterday. If you are unaware, Picasa 3 is a free program for photo editing (etc.) by Google. Today I started experimenting... here's the original:
Here is the picture, after some tweaking. Mostly, I just bumped up the color a little. But I really like the way it turned out.
Jayce definitely got the photo editing love today. Here's another example of an original, as taken, photo that I played with.
Here's the result. I think I'm going to like this program...
** So, I'm realizing that with how small the pictures are, and with how slight some of the changes were, it's really hard to actually pick out the differences. Oh well. At least you know how fun I had playing with the new program! **

4 comments:

Jenney said...

For real I see no difference and I thought you were crazy...until I saw your ending about them being small. :o)

Kim M said...

So, you could find that game, can you find x number of differences between these two pictures! I always loved that game in the Parade magazine in the Sunday paper!
Looks like you are going to have some fun with your new program! Especially now with your new camera.

Lindzerelli said...

Mel- another great photo editor is picnik. It is web-based though. You can upload 5 photos at a time - or pay $20 for the year and upload 100 pics at a time. Check it out, it is a really fun program with LOTS of effects, collages, etc.

Assistant Ring Master said...

I could tell the difference right away - a little color bump goes a long ways! And by the way, your loyal readers should be able to click on the picture to expand it. Or, have fun playing with crop to cut out the "junk" and focus on the cute!