Thursday, February 19, 2009

Winter Picnic

Because today we woke up to more of this (bitter cold included)...
and because we remember that not too long ago, we were enjoying "spring-like" weather, doing things like this...
We decided to switch things up a little today and to enjoy a picnic lunch. Mid-winter. On our living room floor. The mother in this house needed a change of pace. I dragged the kids along with me.
Grayson has taken upon himself the desire to explore Jayce's cups that get randomly left around the house. Therefore, he was introduced to the beginner's sippy cup today. He likes to chew on it. Not drink the water from it. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.
While Grayson chewed, Jayce and I enjoyed a lunch of peanut butter and honey sandwiches (a favorite as a kid!), pears, apples, and green beans. Mmm, yummy!
Now, to come up with a creative diversion for tomorrow (when I won't want to go out in the cold again)...

4 comments:

Erin Morgan said...

build a fort and put flashlights in the middle and have a "camp fire". You can even eat marshmallows and graham crackers. And have hot dogs for lunch!

CrysRich said...

My kids love bringing clean snow in the house and playing with it in the sink, tub, or even on the kitchen floor. We don't have to bundle all up and for the days when it is just too cold to go out, they still get to play with the snow. D's favorite are icicles if we can find any.

Jenney said...

I think we are related. We have the same sippy cup and butterfly Sassy toy as grayson is holding in his pic.
Ah, winter. I can't WAIT for it to be done. My motto is "Give me snow or give me summer!"

Ravin2 said...

I agree with Erin. Where are the boxes from your new washer? Cut some holes in the side and an easy door. Or just start hanging blankets from everywhere and make a giant canopy tent. I think we used to make forts when Rita baby sat us, right?