Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tearless Tuesday


Rejoice always. Pray continually. Give Thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
(Emphasis added).

Our thanks to Blogbaby for creating this blog carnival that celebrates Tuesday Fiona Whitt's life - by choosing to be thankful in all circumstances.

Now, what I'm thankful for this week:

1. my husband - I know I say this every week, but I really mean it. He's such a great husband and father. He takes such good care of his family. Case in point, yesterday I came down with the flu. He left work for an hour to get the kids into bed while I was laying on the couch, willing myself to not get sick. Then he was back to work for a full shift. This morning he got the boys up and took Jayce to my in-laws so that I'd only have to deal with one kid today while I was trying to recover.

2. job security - Yeah, I know. It's unheard of in this day and age. However, as the economy continues to tank, people get more and more desperate and start breaking the law more and more. That means job security for someone who works for the sheriff's department.

3. amazing family - My in-laws are great people. Two times this past week they have watched the boys for us at the last minute. Friday night, Jeremy and I actually got a "date night" and today they gladly took on Jayce so I could recover from being sick. I love having family nearby who are madly in love with my kids and willing to hang out with them. Thanks Mom and Dad Meyers.

Now, it's your turn. What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Kim M said...

I too am thankful for my husband and family. God is good and I too am thankful your in-laws are able to help out. That is what I miss the most by not living within a 30 - 45 minute drive.

I am so thankful to God for my kids and their spouses. God is good. Not every family is harmonious and I soooo appreciate the fact that my kids and spouses love each other and look forward to time spent together.

I too am thankful for job security. Working for the government has not always been the best, but Oakland County and the US Postal Service are not likely to move their business out of state or close up shop.

I am thankful for my health. I see so many who are suffering and I know that in the blink of an eye all that could change but I also know God is with me and will always be with me whatever lies ahead. I am also thankful that I cannot see what is ahead!

BlogBaby said...

Hope you are feeling better Mel!

Thanks for participating again!

BlogBaby

Assistant Ring Master said...

Hello There! We are playing "The Telephone Game" over at BlogBaby (www.theblogbaby.blogspot.com) come join the circle and pass this message on to fellow bloggers - The Rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plain er...and also BlogBaby is Super Wicked and Awesome! Seriously, she's a BABY who BLOGS!
Check out BlogBaby to learn why we are playing "The Telephone Game" and how you can get in on it.

Ok, so you don't have a girl to win a headband for...but you could give it to me if you won!

Hope you are feeling better!