Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Oh, MckMama, how is it that you have me coming back week after week, confessing denying all of my weekly faults. I must admit that I find it refreshing to go through my week knowing that I have Mondays to look forward to, and that it is just that much easier to tolerate the pitfalls of life knowing that I can confess deny them all to you out there in blogger-land.

This week, I definitely did not begin my Not Me! Monday list on Wednesday... that would be a whole 5 days early. I did not begin my list early because I knew that I would not be able to post on Monday and it had already been a doosey of a week. I was (am) not able to post on Monday because I did not surprise my brother with a visit over the weekend. Surprise Kev!

I would never subject my two beautiful children to traveling 24 hours in their car seats so we could tag along on a weekend getaway to visit my brother. I do not have two of the most patient, understanding kids in the world who did wonderful traveling for that far. I am not the luckiest mom in the world!

I did not inadvertently flood my basement with spaghetti-laced, dirty dish water. I would never utter several explicit words under my breath after this happened, then turn to be certain that my 2-year-old was not in the room. He does not repeat just about anything these days, so I was not relieved to find him in the other room playing. I should not, could not, would not turn to my husband while cleaning up the mess and say, "I'm going to title my blog post "What I Learned Today." I never blog in my head as I go throughout the day. It does not make everyday life a little bit easier to know that I can complain write about my not-so-pretty moments and get a little bit of enjoyment out of them. I do not have the best husband in the world who is able to fix anything in our house just like an expert. Thanks Husband!

What have you not done this week?

No comments: