Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Dear MckMama,
Thank you for creating this super fun, super cool, super entertaining blog carnival that I have found myself hopelessly addicted to from week to week. And now, let me begin my list of things that you definitely did not catching me doing so that I can find my name at the top of Mr. Linky this week! Well, at least #23 isn't too bad!

I did not find myself ignoring my blog and my faithful blog readers (yeah, all three of you! That includes my parents!) all because I bought a new Canon Rebel XSi digital camera! I have not discovered that I have a habit of throwing myself 100% into whatever my newest obsession is, which is currently playing with said camera and taking as many pictures as humanly possible. On that note, I certainly did not take well over 600 pictures over the last 48 hours. I would never display some of those photos on this blog...




I did not subject my kids to a "Grandparents Weekend" by spending most of Friday with Grandma and Grandpa, meeting Nana and Papa for lunch on Saturday, and hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's house after church on Sunday. My kids do not absolutely love and adore their grandparents, and do not enjoy spending as much time with them as possible. In fact, I have not heard many requests to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house or Nana and Papa's house... I do not expect those kinds of requests to continue because of all of the time we spent with our beloved grandparents this weekend.

I did not take my kids outside to enjoy the beautiful "spring-ish" type weather we were having. I would never watch and take pictures as my child played in a mud puddle, "picking up" the melted snow and throwing it... I definitely did not get a kick out of showing my husband the pictures that I did not take of my child in the middle of the mud puddle.



Lastly, I'd like to confess to something that I did do this week: We definitely celebrated Ron's anniversary this Friday. It has now been two years since my father-in-law underwent an extremely complicated and difficult surgery, the Whipple Procedure, in hopes of beating his pancreatic cancer. Again, it's now been two years since the surgery. Praise God! And please continue to keep him in your prayers. He's been dealing with some pain and other difficulties lately...

I am not at a loss as to what else to deny doing this week because all I can think about is playing with my new Canon.... So, what have you not done this week??

9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh - and what fun to be the Nana and Papa to those sweetheart boys of yours!!

Jenney said...

Oh Jayce in the mud puddle is the BEST. I love it!

Keyona said...

Cute pictures!

Ravin2 said...

Miss, phenomenal job on the new pictures. They have a lot of character!

Lacey said...

I like the one of grayson looking at the stuffed animal... :)

Mighty M said...

That's a great post! I recently got a Canon Rebel XSI too and it is so fun! I love the difference in quality between that and my old PowerShot - and so much faster too! Have fun perfecting your pictures!

LucieP said...

you are a picture taking fool sista!
I want a camera like that...one day! I need to make sure I don't break the one I just got first before spending the big bucks!

I love grandparents...I am so sad my parents live 1500 miles away...

Mother Hood said...

Your kiddos are adorable!

I want to remind you that The Husband Project is tomorrow.

I need a picture of you and your man together. Please visit my blog for details.

Chris Chrisman said...

I too love to not take pictures of my roses and dog an other stuff but the important thing I want to say here is I am a Pancreatic Cancer Survivor. I underwent the Whipple Procedure on January 30, 2002 and look at me folks; a seven year survivor. Yes! Think positive and it will happen. I'm now almost 78 years old and I live alone with Molly the wonder dog, and get along great. . .