Monday, February 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. And now, my Not Me! Monday list.

I did not get insanely jealous last Monday, when I discovered that my real life good friend and fellow blogger, Assistant Ring Master, was number 5 on Mr. Linky over on MckMama's blog. I did not immediately start plotting out a way to get myself up fairly high on Mr. Linky this week so that lots of cool blogstalkers new blog friends would stumble upon my blog this week! This did not include beginning my post on Friday night, posting my Not Me! Monday list late Sunday night, and (hopefully) getting up at the crack of dawn to refresh MckMama's blog insesently wait patiently for MckMama to post her Not Me! Monday list. Only to see that she'd posted it Sunday night... Oh well. There's always next week, and #57 isn't too bad.

I definitely did not create a "bed" on my living room floor (see previous post) for my 5 month old when he was having a difficult afternoon with teething. I do not have a 5 month old that is teething!! I would never place my baby in front of a Baby Einstein video in hopes that he would fall asleep - I never allow my kids to watch TV and my 2 year old is not obsessed with Mickey Mouse and he does not ask to watch it everyday.

I did not find my 2 year old sleeping half in/half out of his bed this week. I would never run to grab my camera before moving him back into his bed and I have no idea where this picture came from, seeing as I did not do the above...

I did not graduate my 5 month old to a size 5 diaper and 24 month sized clothes this week. He does not now wear the same size of diaper a my 2 year old. Actually, that's true, because I did not put my 2 year old in the size 4 diapers that I have left over... I do not have the world's most gigantic baby...

** This one is pretty gross - You have been warned! **
I did not manage to "catch" the entire contents of my 5 month old's stomach (I warned you!), just after a feeding, with his and my bodies. I did not take a short cell phone video of us to send to my husband at work (just to show him how lucky he was to have not been here) before trying to clean us up. I did not sit on the edge of the bathtub, holding my baby, wondering how it was that we both were going to be able to get our clothes off and shower/bathe while covered with baby puke. I did not take a picture of our heap of disgusting clothes in the bath tub (the only thing that survived "Pukefest" last night was my socks. I still don't know how that happened!). I will not be posting that picture! However, I will be posting this picture of my dear baby, hanging out in his empty bathtub, waiting for me to wash out our clothes so he could take a bath...

Lastly, I did not find out that our house drastically dropped in value this year, and complain about us never being able to move in the future. I am so very thankful for our home, regardless of its size and many problems, in this time of economic hardship for so many people. We are so blessed by my husband's job and that I can be home with my children. God has blessed us so much, and I never get caught up in earthly possessions and forget just that.

So, what have you not done this week?

2 comments:

Mommy Mo said...

Your 5 month old is adorably chunky and you're right- he is a BIG baby. I have a 4 month old and I thought he was big, but your sweet son might be a tad bigger : ). I lol'd at the pic of your 2 yr old!

Michelle "Missi" said...

I like the idea of letting hubby know what he's missing out on!