Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. Now, on to my own Not Me! list...

I most definitely did not neglect to ever post a Not Me! list last Monday. I'm always on top of everything that's going on around me and I never absently forget to do things that I've been planning on doing all weekend long after starting a short list of what I'd write about. Of course, I did not again forget to post after telling someone that I'd just post my list a day late... I never forget to do things like posting, dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc...

Speaking of dirty dishes, I never would have gone away this weekend with a sink full of dirty (but rinsed!!) dishes only to be greeted by them when I had returned home from said trip. I am the best housekeeper a husband could ask for and I do not leave things like laundry and dishes unattended. I have not allowed the beautifully cleaned house that I came home to Christmas Eve to slowly turn into a mess.

I did not cuddle my good friend's newborn baby close this weekend secretly hoping for another cuddley little baby sooner rather than later. I have not forgotten how miserable I was at the end of my most recent pregnancy, and how hard those first couple of months are..... I definitely do not love the smell of a newborn, the softness of a newborn, the way a new born would lay on your chest all night... ahh, I want another one. :o)

I did not just rock my 2-year-old to sleep for naptime because he's sick with a terrible head cold (and possibly ear ache! He keeps messing with his left ear, but tells me that it doesn't hurt...) and he just kept crying and crying while in his big boy bed. I did not refuse to let him sleep in his crib again (he has for the past weekend while we were away) because I don't want him to go back to sleeping there fulltime. I did not come downstairs to find my 5-month-old crying in his bed and get him up only to let him fall back asleep on the couch next to me while I'm working on this Not Me! post!

That baby is definitely not waking up and fussing now... I suppose that one is true. Until next week!

2 comments:

Assistant Ring Master said...

And you said last week that you wouldn't be on the pregnancy band wagon this time around...there definitely is something about newborn babies! I wonder if that feeling ever goes away - I kind of think that no matter how many kids I have I will always want another one. Kids are just so sweet, even when they are driving me nuts I still just want to hug, kiss, and cuddle them nonstop.

CrysRich said...

It was so good seeing you guys this weekend! My kids had SO much fun playing with Jayce and Ginny wouldn't stop talking about Grayson (though she called him baby Shea, she always gets cousin names mixed up!).