Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Hello all! Welcome to my version of MckMama's Not Me! Monday! I find it therapeutic to "admit" to the things that you'd never find me doing, because, you see, I am the perfect mother!

I definitely did not think of a whole list of things to put on my Not Me! post this past Friday, and promptly forget it because I got very distracted this weekend. And I'm not struggling to remember anything that I did (not) do this week that would have been questionable parenting at it's best... bear with me, folks!

I most definitely did not allow my 2-year-old child to eat animal crackers and fruit snacks this week for dinner because that was the only thing he'd eat after being sick for several days. I only give my children the healthiest foods, especially after they have been under the weather.

(please don't judge me too badly on this one) I would never give my 4 1/2 month old Tylenol to help calm him down only because I can't figure out why he's fussy and not sleeping at night two nights in a row (while away from home, none the less). I definitely did not give him two dropper-fulls because he's well over the 24 lb. mark and requires the same amount of the medicine as my two year old. I did not give him the medication because I guessed that he could have the same stomach bug (gas pains) as the rest of us had, or is teething, or has a cold, or who knows what... I never medicate my children because I need the break... (Thank you all for understanding...)

I definitely did not knowingly try to mislead my blog readers by my previous post's title. I did not try to come up with something that would be the gossip mills turning... hehe. Sorry Jenney!! Of course, I did not drop everything and pack my family up to go visit my friend who'd just had a baby. I did not hold little Trey and secretly (or not so secretly anymore) hope for another baby sooner than my husband had discussed because I love holding little babies, and my "little" baby isn't so little anymore...

When packing for the trip I did not drag my family on, I never could have forgotten to pack a lot of the necessities that we require for such a trip - like my breast pump (we were leaving our 4-month-old with my parents two times while we were gone), bottles, breast milk, my husband's pants, contacts and contact solution, and deodorant, socks for my 2-year-old, the present for my friend's new baby, etc. And I so did not pack 4 pair of socks for me for our two day trip, while forgetting other things that were much more important. What was I thinking?? However, if I had forgotten to pack all of those things, we definitely did not decide to purchase a hand pump (and bottle!) that I absolutely LOVE! We definitely did not decide to go in the middle of a snow storm and (if my Grandma is reading this, please skip to the next paragraph) almost get run off the road by two different trucks - crazy drivers! My husband was not one of the crazy drivers - he was driving quite safe!

I did not go out alone with my husband last night because it was our anniversary! Ok, I'll admit - this one is true!! Happy Anniversary babe. I love you and am praying for many, many more happy years with you!

I definitely have not been neglecting my blog lately because I have been too busy too lazy to actually post with pictures and tell you what's been going on with us. I definitely have not been ignoring this blog while blogstalking other blogs. Since this one is actually true, I'll try my very, very best to get on that tonight...

Now that I have not been ignoring the signs that my 2-year-old is up from his nap for about 15 minutes, I will tell you to pop on over to MckMama's blog to see what she didn't do this week. Happy Not Me! Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Great not me monday. how dare you neglect your blog. lol

Megan said...

I must ask, what kind of pump did you get and love? I got one last time that was a piece of junk and I don't want to do that again!
Good "Not Me's", I especially liked the things you didn't forget to pack.

Kim said...

I probably should apolgize to any of your blog readers, since I must have been a part of that busy weekend that I just LOVED with you and your entire family! Tell Jeremy that I demand a rematch! You have the sweetest children ever (could I mean even sweeter than my own? - possibly).
Love ya sweetie,
Mom