Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just Like Jenney

I never quite realized it, but my life is strangely like my cousin's life. We both grew up in Christian homes, went to the same church, school, and we both went on to attend a Christian college. We are both married to men in law enforcement, we both have two sons, who are coincidentally about the same ages. And the similarities don't end there... now our households both have three-legged dogs!!!

Tonight, I was washing dishes while Jayce and Grayson played in the living room. Suddenly, I noticed that it was quiet out where the boys were... too quiet! As I entered the room, I suddenly heard, "Uh, oh...."
I wish I had Jayce saying that on video. The was he says it is really cute, but you know to expect the worse... "Uh, oh...."
Jayce is standing at the couch looking at a book that my friend, Jodi, got him when Grayson was born. Dog is a book that has various pictures of dogs, doing what dogs do. There are flaps that you can pull and make the various animals move. The pages that he was looking at had a dog that scratched his fleas...
See what I mean, had a leg that moved. I suppose this was the reasoning for, "Uh, oh...." Which was immediately followed by, "Mommy fix it!" Of course, I was quick to oblige. I gathered my surgical equipment...
Thankfully, it was only minor surgery. Right now, our dear dog is in recovery and his prognosis is good. I am pleased to report that he will be back to flea scratching in no time at all.
Incidentally, I feel it necessary to share with you the most interesting page of this book...
Yes, that's right... "All dogs poop, All dogs pee." And that leg does lift with a pull on the final flap. I would just like to thank the publishers of this book: this is, of course, Jayce's favorite page of the Dog book...






**No actual animals were hurt in the production of this blog post**

2 comments:

Ravin2 said...

You staged this whole post... and it was funny. I had it playing out in my mind that you kept asking Jayce to stop touching the book or moving the pieces or tape so that you could get a "good picture" for the blog to share your funny story.

I'm sure you have blog-o-vision and throughout the day you're evaluating whether or not it will be a good story for the blog when you run into something insane or unusual. I started thinking about that briefly, but our blog isn't quite as comprehensive as yours has become.

Jenney said...

Can you come do surgery on Lucy? I don't have the other leg but maybe...