Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Very Yummy "Disaster"

So, have you ever tried to make cookies without the flour and/or baking soda?? This is what they end up looking like:
I volunteer at two different MOPS groups in the childcare. This year, as a Christmas present for us volunteers, some of the moms made those ready made cookie kits. All of the dry ingredients come in a baggie or jar and you just add the wet ingredients - butter, egg, and vanilla in the one I received. Well, I followed the accompanying directions to a T, only to get the results above! I'm pretty sure that the mom that put together this kit forgot the flour and baking soda. I've never seen "cookies" like this before. It took me 30 minutes to scrape the "cookies" off of my cookie sheets... needless to say, I didn't make the rest of the batch. And what was I to do with the crumbs that were the first batch? Well, you all know that I'm doing WW right now, so I would never consider pouring some milk over them and eating them with a spoon.... but if I were it was quite delicious!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, what a mess! I remember making those cookie things in a jar, I would have been so embarrassed - I wonder if she reads your blog?