Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Quick Question

So, my husband and I were talking the other day and he mentioned that he thinks Jayce was cuter as a baby than Grayson is now. Of course, I have been teasing him about it ever since he said it - I'll tell him that he doesn't love Grayson as much and that Jayce is his favorite, etc. But it got me thinking... do I have a "favorite" child? In Jeremy's case, he has a much deeper bond with Jayce - he seems to do much better with older children than he does with babies, and Jayce can actually interact with him much easier than Grayson can. And I'm beginning to see various things that they have in common, as much as a 31 year-old and a 2 year-old can. On my side of things, Grayson is completely and totally dependant on me for all of his needs. But there is something special about your first born... I mean, how can you decided between these two faces?? Even with the spit-up...
And the goofy faces...
I just can't decide. So, do you play favorites?

2 comments:

Kim said...

No - I don't play favorites (although my kids have accused me at one time or another). The one thing I remember is that at different times, different children are more dependent on you than others. That never changes as they grow. So, it may appear that there is a show of favoritism, but no, the love just seems to grow and grow and grow.....
Love to you my first born!
Mom

Sara said...

Jeremy thinks that because Jayce looks like him! Grayson is your little mini me. That is why! :)