Monday, December 15, 2008

Not Me! Monday


So, here it goes! I really am the perfect mother, and you would never catch me doing the following...

I would never rotate my breastfeeding child and computer from side to side so that I could keep working on this blog last night. I would never take away my complete, undivided attention from said four-month-old to try to accomplish something that I wanted to do...

I would never force my 2-year-old to go run errands with my husband so that I could get a little bit of peace and quiet this afternoon. I would never call and add to those errands because I didn't feel like I was getting enough of that alone time...

I would never breastfeed in public without a blanket covering me only to see a group of teenage boys walk around the corner that I was hiding in only because my four-month-old was being uncooperative and pulling the blanket off and I had decided that I didn't care... Oops, I guess I did care afterall - I've never moved that fast to grab a blanket before! I mean, that didn't happen to me...

I most certainly did not fall asleep in my 2-year-old's bedroom while rocking him the other night because I was so tired from already being up with the four-month-old. And I definitely did not accidentally ignore the signs that my four-month-old had pooped in the middle of the night (something he rarely does) and put him back to bed only to have him fussing just a few minutes later and claim that I could not figure out why in my sleepy haze.... did I not mention that this was all in the same night?? And that this morning I definitely did not change that same poopy diaper that had exploded all over the four-month-old's back (I cannot figure out how he went back to sleep!!) and apologize to him over and over again even though that four-month-old could not understand me...

And lastly, I would never intentionally keep my four-month-old awake for at least another 45 minutes so that I can get both of my kids to sleep at the same time so I can post another blog page about decorating our Christmas tree this morning and then take a nap myself! Nope, not me. Check in later today and see if it all worked out for me...

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love it! :) You are my kind of mom. I don't know how you do it (eerr...don't do it) with a baby and 2 year old. Today has been awful :)

Lacey said...

you are hilarious...