Monday, December 8, 2008

Not Me! Monday - My First Try


Well, we are trying something new today! If you are a fan of the My Charming Kids blog like I am, you'll recognize the symbol above. If not, MckMamma explains it like this:

"I have found that there is little more satisfying in my journey of motherhood than admitting that I am not perfect, that I do not know it all, and that I cut corners at mindblowing speeds. It's so satisfying to write about my shortcomings and funny mistakes and then share them with you. I'm not sure exactly what that is, but instead of trying to figure it out, I instead offer you my Not Me! Monday list. Enjoy, and then join in with some Not Me's of your own!"

So, here's my first foray into sharing my shortcomings and funny mistakes.

I did not turn on a 25 minute TV show for Jayce this morning while Grayson was napping so I could nap on the couch myself. And I definitely didn't do it because I was up way too late creating Christmas presents (and playing) online last night. I would never allow the TV to watch my kids for me so I could nap...

I definitely did not leave both of my boys in their matching pj's yesterday because they were cute and because I just didn't feel like getting them dressed. I would never do that - and then put them back to bed in those same pj's...

I would never take the short cut way and feed my two-year-old Wendy's for lunch 3 TIMES this week because we were out and I didn't want to have to take the time to get lunch together when we got home. No, I would never go out unprepared, especially 3 times in the same week!

And lastly, I would never ignore the cries of my three-month-old as he's laying on the floor "playing" so I can complete this list that makes me seem like the best mother in the world! I guess that's my cue to bid you farewell. Hey, if you are interested in creating your own Not Me! Monday list, venture on to MckMomma's blog and check out a pro in action. You can find her by looking at my "Blogs I Follow" section to the left.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Jenney said...

Tee hee hee

Kim said...

I've enjoyed this on other blogs so look forward to your weekly updates. Isn't it amazing that kids are still happy and healthy even if they stay in their cute matching pjs all day and go to bed in the same ones! It's healthy to look at yourself and laugh - makes good memories too! Remember the popcorn popper without the lid! That would have made my "Not me Monday!". Love you Sweetie,
Mom

Sara said...

that is too funny! I don't think there is anything wrong with any of the things you listed! As a matter of fact...it sounds much like my own house. I'll have to give my own list a try next monday. That chick is funny...do you know her?