Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The First Week

It baffles me that a week has already gone by... I can't believe that Grayson is already a week old (tomorrow) and Jayce has been a big brother for a whole week. You can tell that my time is definitely more taken up now that we are at home - sorry for the lack of blogging. You'll have to give me a little bit of time to catch up on sleep before I catch up on blogging. But for now, our first couple of days home. The frumpy face up there is after we got home from the hospital. Jayce came up to the hospital to come home with us. I wanted him to understand that we were all leaving to go home together. I think it worked. He seems to get that "baby" (what Jayce calls Grayson) is sticking around.
He's just not always so fond of the idea of "baby" being around. So far, so good, though. Jayce does love on him a lot. He likes looking at Grayson in the pack n' play. He's just not so sure when Mom has to take 30-45 minutes to feed him sometimes.
Grayson's first night home went well. He woke up several times that night. But he usually went right down after eating. He only stayed away when I was taking pictures of him. :o)
We've had several visitors over the past couple of days. Although I don't have pictures of all of them, I just want to say thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to bring a meal, gift or just come by and see our new cutie, little baby.
Apparently while Nana and Papa were staying here and watching Jayce for us, they took him out a lot. Now, Jayce is constantly asking to go bye bye. Jeremy and I decided to try our first attempt at going out as a family of four - to Meijer. We needed milk! Anyway, this is a picture of our backseat on our first outing as a larger family. Doesn't it look packed?? Nana and Papa also got Jayce this cute Elmo hat that he insists on wearing anytime we go out. Or is it that someone suggests he wears it....
We've made the trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house now. Grayson had his first pediatrician's office visit today. All is well. He's gaining weight. His hips are checking out great so far. We do have an ultrasound scheduled in a couple of weeks to be sure that all is normal. We stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's house on the way home (they live right down the street) so I could feed Grayson and because Jayce needed a reward for being so good at the doctor's office. It's always fun getting to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa.

Jayce decided tonight that he wanted to wear two hats out to dinner. I didn't feel like cooking so we went to Applebees to visit my old manager, Bill, and introduce him to Grayson. Bill was such and amazing friend and influence on my life, so we always like going in to visit. I guess Jayce wanted to look extra special for this outing tonight. Grayson pretty much looked like below the whole night. I think he liked the 'Bees. :o)
Jeremy has been a HUGE help with the boys this week. It makes me kind of sad to think that he only has a week off yet. But I'm sure that we are going to make the most of our week. Jayce and Jeremy were having a blast playing with the big ball. Jayce would bounce like crazy and Jeremy would throw him around. It made for a fun night.
Until next time!!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow... "the boys".... I cant wait to see you in a couple days!! :)

Jenney said...

Love your blog! We should have been doing this when Jayce and James were babies! Where did you get your Got Milk burp cloth? We have the same one! Do you have the outfit that goes with it?

abaker391 said...

Congratulations, Melissa! Let's definitely plan a get together soon!